The Sangguniang Bayan of Midsayap through the SB Committee on Economic Enterprise headed by Councilor Edgar B. Ostique, Jr. started the revision of the Economic Enterprise Code of this Municipality.
There are nine (9) chapters of the said proposed revision of the said Code.
Based on the presented draft, proposed amendments include the following;
- Organizational Management that provides the Management and Functions of the Economic Enterprise Regulatory Board, Management Organization; Regulatory, Administrative and Supervisory Functions of the Municipal Economic Enterprises and Development Office (MEEDO);
- Management, Supervision and Awarding of Stalls at the Midsayap Mega Market and Bagsakan Center, classification of stalls and payment of fees and other charges, night market, promotional stalls/booths, food carts of franchise stores, halal section, loading and unloading zones, designated parking space inside the public market for public utility vehicles, bagsakan center, market day, weight and measures, garbage management, administrative policies and guidelines, and collection and surcharges;
- Operation of the Midsayap Public Slaughterhouse;
- Operation of the Midsauap Public Cemetery;
- Operation of the Midsayap Integrated Transport Terminal
- General Fiscal Management;
- General Provisions, and
- Transitory Provisions.
In this connection, the Technical Working Group together with the members of the Sangguniang Bayan of Midsayap had a seminar last January 21, 2021 and tackled the abovementioned proposed amendments.
The proposed amendments shall be calendared for further discussion of the members of the Sanggunian and the schedule of the public hearing shall be identified.
Vice Mayor Manuel Rabara is also optimistic for this development and manifested that the Sanggunian will continue its efforts to carft various legislative enactments in support to the growth of economic activities in this Municipality.