The Sangguniang Bayan of Midsayap has adopted the municipality’s Temporary Tricycle Route Plan through its Resolution No. 2020-251 approved on December 15, 2020.
The said legislative action is pursuant to the Memorandum Circular No. 2020-036 issued by the Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) dated February 17, 2020 reiterating that operation of tricycles, pedicabs, and motorized pedicabs are prohibited on national highways.
Midsayap’s temporary route plan was a result of the ocular inspection conducted by the Tricycle Task Force of this Municipality.
The said temporary route plan temporarily designates the following national roads wherein the abovementioned vehicles are allowed to traverse because of no feasible alternate route:
- The Davao–Cotabato National Highway preferably from Crossing Panganod (Landmark: Midsayap Boundary Arc) Barangay Nalin to Crossing DPWH of Barangay Villarica;
- The national highway from Barangay Kimagango going to Roundball of Barangay Poblacion 8 and portion of Quezon Avenue from Roundball going to Phoenix Gasoline Station of Poblacion 8;
- The Davao-Cotabato national highway preferably from Barangay Sadaan Kilometer-49 going to in front of Barangay Sadaan;
- The Midsayap-Makar Road national highway preferably from Barangay Olandang to Barangay Poblacion 7;
- The Davao-Cotabato national highway preferably from crossing of Barangay Kiwanan going to BPH or old cemetery in Barangay Poblacion 6;
- The Quezon Avenue preferably from Sunbeam pre-school at Barangay Poblacion 6 going to the entrance of old Bagsakan at Poblacion 5;
Also under the measure, tricycles, pedicabs, and motorized pedicabs may crossthe following:
- Osmeña Street (Landmark: 7’11) to Osmeña Street (Landmark: Nikoys Eatery)
- Burgos Street (Landmark: Mommy’s Place) to Burgos Street (Landmark: Jollibee)
- Lapu-Lapu Street (Landmark: DENR) to Lapu-Lapu Street (Landmark: Pharmacy Jucia)
- Magellan Street (Landmark: Back of Municipal Plaza) crossing to Magellan Street (Landmark: De Rose)
- Jaycee Avenue (Landmark:In front of Municipal Hall) crossing to Jaycee Avenue (Landmark: Quality Emporium)
- Roosevelt Street (Landmark: Back of Municipal Hall) to Roosevelt Street (Landmark: Catholic Church)
- Mabini Street (Landmark: Montessori Pre-School) to Mabini Street (Landmark: Phoenix Gasoline Station)
- Bonifacio Street (Landmark: Hardware) to Bonifacio Street (Landmark: Caltex Gasoline Station)
- Gonzales Street (Landmark: Japan Surplus Store) to Gonzales Street (Landmark: Jatico Residence)
- Anito Street (Landmark: Alexas Bakery) to Anito Street (Landmark: Another Bakery)
Moreover, said DILG-MC also stated that all LGUs were directed to review all existing tricycle and pedicab routes within their areas of jurisdiction and to modify it accordingly pursuant to the absolute prohibition imposed under said issuance.
The Tricycle Task Force of this Municipality and the Sangguniang Bayan of Midsayap will continue the process in the crafting of an appropriate ordinance pursuant to the abovementioned DILG-MC.