The Sangguniang Bayan authorized Mayor Romeo Arańa to enter into a Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) with the Department of Education (DepEd) for the use of the six (6) schools in Midsayap as Temporary Quarantine or Isolation Facility of this Municipality from May 13-30, 2020.
This was through the passage of a Resolution 2020-077 sponsored by Councilor Vivencio V. Deomampo, Jr., Chairperson of the SB Committee on Health, during the municipal council’s 44th Regular Session held on May 19, 2020 .
These schools are Dilangalen Central Elementary School, Dilangalen National High School, Villarica High School, Salunayan High School, Kimagango High School and Anonang Elementary School
The General Provisions of the agreement are as follows;
- The LGU shall use the school as a temporary quarantine or isolation facility only upon its showing to the regional office that there is no other available space or structure which can be used for that purpose. The use of the school as a temporary quarantine or isolation facility of last resort is a continuing requirement. Should a place or structure which can be used for this purpose become available, the LGU shall terminate its use of the school as a quarantine or isolation facility;
- The agreement shall take effect upon its execution, and shall be in full force and effect for a period of 18 days (May 13 to May 30, 2020) during the period of Public Health Emergency under Proclamation No. 922, s. 2020, unless mutually extended by the LGU and the Regional Office in writing, or sooner terminated by either the LGU or the Regional Office upon fifteen-day written notice for valid reasons. Notwithstanding the lifting of the said Public Health Emergency, the responsibilities and obligations of the LGU under the agreement shall subsist until fully complied with;
- When warranted by compelling circumstances, the regional office may amend, modify or supplement the agreement for valid reasons, upon prior written notice to the LGU;
- The LGU represents and warrants that it has the requisite power and authority to make, deliver, and comply with the provisions of the agreement, and has taken all the necessary action to duly and validly authorize the execution, delivery and performance of the agreement;
- Should there be any conflict between the provisions of the agreement and other agreements between the LGU and the DepEd through the Regional Office, Schools Division Office or the school, the agreement shall prevail.
Last May 13, 2020, the Office of the Municipal Health Services of Midsayap LGU issued the certification that all schools identified by the LGU have undergone assessment by the local officials and were therefore deemed suitable to be used as temporary local isolation units or quarantine areas for re-entries who are stranded in the different areas of the Philippines due to the implementation of Enhanced Community Quarantine and border lockdown by various local government units and cancellation of public transportation services in response to the creation of Task Force Sagip Stranded North Cotabateńos pursuant to Provincial Executive Order No. 60 Series of 2020.