Since the declaration of the State of Calamity in Midsayap due to the coronavirus pandemic, our leaders in the barangay continue to fulfill their responsibilities as ‘frontliners’ in the communities.
Sadria Paglala, Municipal Local Government Operations Officer (MLGOO), submitted a report to the Sangguniang Bayan of Midsayap stating the various actions made to fight the spread of CoViD-19 in the barangay level.
The report states that all of the 57 barangays have already distributed food assistance to their constituents out of their quick response fund as per information given by the punong barangays.
Other initiatives taken are in the barangays are as follows;
1) Creation of barangay task force
2) Creation of BHERT
3) PUM Investigation and surveillance monitoring
4) Availability of BHERT desk
5) Information dissemination such as lecture on CoViD-19, distribution of IEC, recorida about the executive order issued by the LGU Midsayap, posting of tarpaulins
6) Disinfection on mandated establishment, house to house disinfection, regular barangay road disinfection
7) Distribution of disinfectants
8) Installation of disinfection stalls
9) Distribution of vitamins and medicine
10) Procurement of logistics and PPEs such as face mask, hand soaps and disinfectants
11) Regular patrol, outpost
12) Road blocking/ barangay checkpoint
13) Closure of recreation store and shops
14) Distribution of face masks to front liners
15) Availability of standby vehicle for patients
16) Barangay Alay Bayanihan system
17) Alay sakay
18) House to house visitation/ Thermal scanning
On its 39th Regular Session held last April 14, 2020, the Sangguniang Bayan of Midsayap were informed by MLGOO Paglala about the continued updating of the activities made by village leaders to fight COViD-19 in the barangays.
MLGOO Paglala also said that the DILG monitors the actions taken by barangay leaders in their respective communities. She also said that their office can facilitate to collate the reports as to the number of households that received relief goods for reference of the LGU.
Moreover, Councilor Alan Ry Mostrales, President of the Liga ng Mga Barangay sa Midsayap, mentioned that barangay officials are working double time to protect their constituents from the threat of the CoViD-19. He added that the calamity funds of the barangays are already utilized to provide relief goods for their constituents who are affected by the community quarantine.